You can trace signs of aging back to volume loss in the skin. As facial tissues thin out as you get older, lines etch around the nose and mouth and your cheeks start to look hollow as well. Dermal fillers can replace this lost volume, which helps to smooth out wrinkles, plump lips, and restore a more youthful appearance.
Cosmetic fillers are gel-like substances that we inject beneath your skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines, soften creases, or enhance facial contours. Fillers are non-invasive and more cost-efficient than surgery, so it’s easy to see why they’ve become one of the most popular facial rejuvenation treatments in the United States and beyond!
Many see dermal fillers primarily as “wrinkle fillers,” but they have many iother uses, including:
- Smoothing out lines around the nose and mouth
- Enhancing/restoring volume to sunken cheeks or temples
- Reducing vertical lip lines
- Plumping and enhancing the lips
- Smoothing out chin creases
- Improving symmetry among facial features
How Are Fillers Different From BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is often confused with fillers, but they’re different in how they act. BOTOX® reduces the activity of muscles within the face that cause wrinkles. With fillers, we insert collagen into areas of the face to stimulate growth. Fillers also help plump and lift the skin to replace lost collagen.
Fillers at Image Renu Dermatology
We proudly offer JUVÉDERM®’s full collection of fillers. These fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume.
Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection is made from a modified form of HA and is formulated for different parts of the face. These products include:
- VOLLURE™ XC – Used to soften moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles, VOLLURE™ XC adds subtle volume around the nose and mouth.
- Ultra XC – Ultra XC treats wrinkles and hollows that appear around the eyes and lips, where the lines tend to be finer and more delicate. It can also be used to plump lips and add more fullness.
- Ultra Plus XC – A thicker and more potent version of Ultra XC, we place Ultra Plus XC into the mid and deep dermis layers, allowing for greater volume deposition over a much larger area. This enables it to lift folds and wrinkles that are more deeply embedded in the face, cheeks, and smile lines.
- VOLUMA® XC – Used to add more volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss, VOLUMA® XC provides a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile.
- VOLBELLA® XC – This popular filler adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
In addition to JUVÉDERM® fillers, we also offer KYBELLA®, a synthetic deoxycholic acid filler specifically formulated to address stubborn fat and sagging underneath the chin. Deoxycholic acid is a natural molecule in your body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells to create a reduction in fullness under the chin. You typically don’t need further treatment since these cells can’t store or accumulate fat once they’re eliminated.
Natural-Looking Filler Treatments at Image Renu Dermatology
Fillers aren’t just about the product — skill and precision are crucial when it comes to ensuring a natural look that boosts and refines your face’s appearance. Our results speak for themselves — the team at Image Renu Dermatology has developed a renowned reputation for delivering superior filler treatments to patients in the Dallas area and beyond. Come see what we can do for you!