Chemical Peels in Dallas
While microdermabrasion works well on superficial skin imperfections, a chemical peel is more effective on serious skin problems like acne scars, large pores, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
- Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
Chemical peels are also great for smoothing out skin texture and pigmentation imperfections on the face, neck, chest and hands. A chemical solution, based on your skin evaluation, is applied to remove the damaged layers of skin. Different strengths of chemical peels are available including our most popular, the lunch time peel, which offers minimal to no down time.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Limit your time in the sun, and wear hat to shield your skin.
Generally, fair-skinned and light-haired patients are better candidates for chemical peels. If you have darker skin, you may also have good results, depending upon the type of problem being treated. But you also may be more likely to have an uneven skin tone after the procedure.
Tell your Image ReNu practitioner if you have any history of scarring, cold sores that keep coming back, or facial X-rays.